REGIONALS 2009



I can't believe I am saying goodbye to this! Especially when our team is doing so great and the following year is looking even better! But, I am ready to dedicate more to my own kids, and I know that one day I will return. I mean if Garth Brooks can return over and over again, surely I can too! I have learned so much from these amazing teams! No kids I know work as hard as these! We swam up to 4+ miles a day, they threw up, they cried, they hurt themselves, we laughed at each other, they made good friends, and we won together! It really is an honor for any teacher, or coach to rub shoulders with these kids that will do so many great things if they keep reaching up to fulfill their potential. I am so proud of them. We had a bad car accident this year and almost lost one of the two, but both were serisouly injured and should not have walked away so well. It was a tough time for our team, but as a coach, I felt like I had almost lost a child that I was responsible for. These kids are so close to our hearts. As I taught them sacrifice, dedication, loyalty, and perseverance; they in return taught me the same. And though they think of me as the tough beast... probably because I would do my evil laugh thru their hard work-outs, I hope they all know how much I love them!!!!! Good luck seniors!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment