Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Body Image Breakthrough!


Alright, so I gotta write some of my thoughts, feelings, impressions from the workshop that I went to. My friend Aubrey invited me to a "body image" class a few weeks ago. I said yes. I honestly went for 2 reasons: 1 to see my friends that would be there. And 2, to be a good friend by going since I find myself saying no a lot and using the excuse of my kids...

I am so glad that I went. The lady that teaches it is Wendi Jensen and she has a gift for teaching women and getting her message across. It's funny because I know she has helped a lot of women lose weight through her message, but, that is not what I got from it. I really felt that she reminded me of some important truths that I knew but that had been distorted through the years of worldly influence. I feel that I am now on a journey to unify my spirit and body. I am not being selfish anymore with my desires for me and my body. I feel that I can find a true balance now of being a mom, a wife, a sister and daughter... While at the same time doing necessary things to nourish my spirit and my mind, and my body so that I can give more of my "true self" to my loved ones. I have been beating myself up for taking so much time for working out, eating good, etc.... Saying that I was a bad mom and wife. On the flip side, when I would listen to that voice and stop doing things for myself, I would feel unloved, not good enough, lazy, unappreciated, etc... I was really hurting myself, and because of that I would even resent the God given calling of mine as a creator and mother! I felt that I was not good enough for Danny, and I even felt lost and alone throughout the day as I sat at home... I remember sitting there feeling sorry for myself, and really feeling discouraged like there was nothing I could do about it. I can't believe I allowed myself to go down that road. Satan was OBVIOUSLY working in my life.... so sneaky, and cunning he is. Don't get me wrong, I always have some good days, and some good moments here, enough that I didn't completely fall apart, enough that I felt like the bad days were just bad days.... I would just get through them and look for tomorrow. It's amazing how one simple 3 hour class can start the rock to roll down the hill, my soul soaked up everything she taught me! I felt myself improving over the following weeks. I started looking inwards a lot more. I even hosted another class at my sisters house and they loved it! I learned even more, and other words were made clearer to me. THEN I went to Wendi's 9 hour Saturday work-shop. Whew! What a long day! It was emotionally and spiritually exhausting! I loved it! I love how the spirit works when truths are being taught. It was like being in an amazing Relief Society lesson where the whole lesson is on body, spirit, mind, and emotions... But we dove deeper than I had ever been before with these things. I have been apart of very deep doctrine on the Savior, the atonement, the scriptures, afterlife, etc.. but never on my body! It was really cool, and fun as we discussed things as a group and did some group activities. There were some really neat women there that I probably never would have connected with if not for the class. I just feel better. I have a plan now for those down days. I know the right questions to ask myself when I am struggling with something. And I think I will be more apt to recognize when I am subconsciously hurting myself. At least, that is my hope. I know that one of the keys to overcoming Satan's influences is to be more able to recognize him, and see when he is affecting your life. He tries to be so subtle and he uses your greatest weaknesses or passions. So you really have to be in tune with the spirit to know when he is trying to get in. I am glad to have gone to her class. Her message feels right, and I feel empowered! I am in charge of my life! I love my husband and my boys! I am so blessed to be a mother! I am blessed to have these experiences because they teach me, they humble me, and they help me to sympathize with others.
THANK YOU WENDI!!!

Oh yea, and we had to name our body! :) My bodies name is Saphira! pa' q' sepai'

2 comments:

Bunka's said...

what an amazing class! wow! i wish i could have gone. this makes me so happy that you were able to learn or "relearn" these truths. dont stop sharing your experience. there are SOOOO many women out there that have similar feelings, and experiences. through sharing yours, AND your triumphs... that is how we can lift each other up and become women of zion. you are an amazing women. keep it up girl. you inspire me.

Briaunajo said...

Well I am sorry to have missed out on that class. I have the same feelings and I know other women who feel the same way, thanks for your thoughts and feelings.