Sunday, May 24, 2009
Relief Society Keeps Me Where I Need To Be!
Todays Relief Society was so wonderful. One of the women I visit teach taught on the talk given by Pres. Uchtdorf called "We are Doing a Great Work and Cannot Come Down". It reminded me of a few things. A major one being My priorities and the need for me to balance my life. The fact is that I easily get excited about things and I have a need to challenge myself continually. However, being a mom now is my number one priority. I am constantly reminding myself of that. Not because I don't love being a mom but because I was single and alone for so long. 28 years.... Danny and Hyrum are the best things that have ever happened to me and I am ready to keep them on the top of my priority list. That means: NO signing up for things like survivor! :) That doesn't mean I cannot have my fun and work out, etc... But I need to keep it close to home!! I will continue with my triathlons here and there and the cycling races, but anything beyond that if it doesn't involve my family needs to stop. :) Isn't family life great! There are so many things for me to get done at home, and in my ward family. I love to be busy and am grateful that I live in such a time that I can balance my life and do those things which are most important while also doing things that bring me some personal gratification. That means I can keep my long term goal a reality! IRONMAN here I come!!!! After I finish having the rest of my babies!!! :) hahaha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good for you. It's hard sometimes, but worth every minute. Plus, it only takes a few days without a shower to feel like you are on Survivor, so go camping and take the boys with you.:)
Wow! I am so amazed at how well you balance things from reading your blog. I don't balance things so well that is why my house is a mess and my kids are crazy. Well, hope being a mommy is going great :)
I loved Julie's lesson as well. She did such a great job. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. I thought it was funny that many of us couldn't share an experience on what helps us balance our life because we all needed help in that area! Your blog is way cute by the way. :)
AMEN to that sistah!!!
Post a Comment