Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our busy life

Hyrum has got a pretty busy life for a 6 month old. I am planning on a vacation for the little guy come November, but until then... I am his booking agent, AKA mom... If you want a visit by Hyrum, just call my cell. hahahah... Danny loves this picture, it just makes me laugh!

Mon, wed, and Friday mornings he spends from 530-630am observing his momma coaching the Adult masters swim team in Queen Creek. He really enjoys seeing me swim and teach the adults. He is very into what I am saying, and loves to watch them go back and forth as he kicks back in his car seat, suckin' from his bottle.


After this he goes to the gym at LA Fitness to hang out with some other babies while us moms get our booties kicked in the spin class, and whatever else I decide to participate in...
He usually gets in a little nap while he hangs out in the swing there.

Then it's off to hang out at the house with me. We like to hang out on my bed while I read and he makes me laugh... sometimes I get him good and ticklish and can get real good laughs out of him. He was laughing uncontrollably last time...

At other times, he just wants to sleep....

He is starting on jar food, and is real partial to squash. He is also trying his hand at puffs, though they are a little harder for him chew... but he does a great job gumming them! Hyrum LOVES his bumbo! He looks like a cute little chubby king as he sits in it.

After this he spends some time playing with me on the ground. He really enjoys watching his dog run around. He gets real excited every time Rambo swings by. By this point he is pretty tired and goes to bed while mom plans out the practice for her High School team.

Every day of the week Hyrum gets dropped off at Aunt Sariah's house after his nap, by 2pm. He spends the late afternoon with her while I go to swim practice. He has a blast with his Aunt Sariah. She is so fun to be around and loves him very much. He never has any clothes on when I pick him up... I am not sure why??? :) But they enjoy hangin' out on her bed as she is dealing with pregnancy sickness :) Luckily Hyrum is very sweet to her. He takes a small nap with her and I pick him up right as he is waking up... I get there about 530-545pm. With Danny's schedule we never know when he is going to finish work but he gets Hyrum when he is done at work and takes him home when he gets done before me... At home, it's time for more food, a bath, and cuddle time, then off to bed! He loves his bath! That is his favorite time of the day I think.

My favorite is hangin' out with him on my bed. I read scriptures out loud to him and he just stares at me like it's the coolest thing ever. I think he really likes hearing all the different sounds I make. And for all that know me, that is a lot. I am making a concious effort to speak more normally around him. I am constantly making dinasaur and other strange animal noises that I am worried I might have a little velociraptor baby :) I don't want to stunt his speach development....... hahaha Hyrum also loves his time with Daddy. He just stares at Danny, and stares, and stares.. until, Danny looks at him, then it's an immediate smile when he realizes Daddy is talking to HIM! It is so cute watching the two of them.

Though Hyrum loves bath time, my favorite time of the day is every second I have with him! I can't get enough of this little boy. He makes me laugh so hard with his silly grins and cute little baby laugh. Today he made me cry twice! Once, when he said momma like 5 times in a row while my visiting teachers were visiting me. Second, when I was putting him in his car seat to take him to Aunt Sariah's. Just thinking about dropping him off made me emotional. I can't believe how much I love this kid! Does this intense need to be with them always ever lessen??? :)

So anyways, until HS swim is over in November, Hyrum is being initiated into the life of a swimmer. I am very proud of my little tyke, he puts up with everything so well. I am a very lucky mom!
In fact, I feel very lucky all around. I have a wonderful little baby, a loving and sweet husband who can do basically anything! And who is constantly looking after my needs and well being. He is faithful in the gospel, and loves his and my family. I have a great ward, and really feel like I am finally finding a place there. I am grateful for the friends that I have made there. I have a great calling that keeps me balanced and creates wonderful oportunities for me to make friends and find chances to serve. Danny and I have a cozy little home that I am so grateful for. And though things are really tight financially, I have the faith and hope that we will always have what we need for our family, and we will eventually get out of this situation. All in all we are extremely blessed!!!!
Oh, I almost forgot that I have a wonderful job, where I get to rub shoulders with great kids. I get to be apart of their lives and maybe in some way influence the kind of people they will be when they leave High School. I am so grateful for y team. They work so hard and have so much faith in me. It makes me work hard to be better, and to give them what they need. They are a constant blessing in my life, and each season gets better. This is our 6th season, and as I look back at the 1st year coaching high school I can see a literal difference in myself and the many ways they have changed me for the good.

1 comment:

Darci said...

Yes the intense need to be with them always diminishes when they start talking. Pretty soon he will tell you no, argue, talk back, ignore you, and then you will be happy for the occasional break! Then when you leave you will wonder what he is doing and if all is well...:)