Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hooray for WORK!!!


Danny got a job! Hallelujah! Not that he has not been trying because he has been a full time job seeker since November, but we live in tough times, and so tough times we are going through. Honestly I am not complaining, nor do I feel like complaining. I never thought I would be a family that would need to use government programs, and church assistance. We made it until last month, but then we had to turn to the church for help, and we had to get on government unemployment. As much as it was a hit to our pride, we have learned so much. It is quite the experience being on the flip side of a tithe payer and tax payer. I am glad the system we support was able to help us in time of need. I am so grateful to the Lord for his help. I have a great family that has given us moral support and encouragement, and a church that has financially helped us as well as spiritually. I am grateful for callings that enable Danny and I to really get involved and feel that we are contributing to a great need.

Danny is just working at an Air conditioning place that recycles the units, but the hours are great, the money is decent, and it will allow him to be at home a little in the mornings with me, and will give him time to look for better work, and go to school. He is looking into schooling right now and I am just so glad to have a husband who is so motivated and so helpful and hard-working. He comes from a great family that taught him vital skills, and characteristics. I love him. I love his patience, his integrity, his desire to serve, his loyalty to me, and his worthiness to hold the priesthood which has sustained our family these last (almost) two years.

Now we are starting this new chapter, a new job, a new baby, and who knows what else... I say "bring it on" (Happy Gilmore) Who knows where we will be next year. Each year has been a great surprise for me. From all the moves I have been through, callings, singles ward, marriage, baby, new baby, etc.... My life has been anything but dull, and you know what? That suits me just fine!

1 comment:

Jon and Diana said...

How interesting is it that as soon as we begin to rely more than ever on the Lord, and totally put our lives in his hands, that things come together. Miracles still happen! How great that Danny got a job. To be completly honest, I think that any couple that can't say that the first few years of marriage there were some hard times with finances and school...they are missing out on some good times. It is cool to tell our kids that being frugal, and doing our best to be self sufficient is the way to be.