The last two days have been wonderful. I missed the first session on Saturday. We don't have internet or tv at our house so we went to my sister Sariah's home. Unfortunately, since we were out late at my sister Erin's home all night Friday, Hyrum and I slept in. And by sleep in I mean that we slept until 11am! And to further explain, I was awake every two hours throughout the night. Why is it that my best sleep comes right in the morning when the sun is up and it's time for me to awake!???! I don't quite get it, but I know this is preparing me for the all night all day feedings, etc...
But now, to get back to the point. I am just so happy right now. I LOVE CONFERENCE. I always have. I hopefully ALWAYS will. Not too worried about that, but I always think back to Scott's talk about not taking your testimony for granted. You can't say never.... you must always say I pray that I never fall.
So.... anyways.... :) I am bad about tangents. I loved this weekends conference. I felt the themes were about parents, teaching their children. Gaining knowledge, and sharing that wisdom with their kids. SO many of the talks spoke to me about the importance of shielding our children from the world by testifying to them of truths. All truths. And helping them to gain their own testimonies of the Lord, of his plan, and of truths found on this earth so that they can withstand the evil that prevails on this world. They made me want to keep learning. Science, History, Math, Art, economics, anatomy, biology, geography, study of animals, the earth, and of course all things spiritual and then share them with my kids. One of the talks said how his mother would drill them and teach them more than their teachers at school. She would teach them while she cooked, cleaned, while they worked, did projects, etc... I think that is so neat! And I can't wait to do it.
I also loved how they stressed being as good of listeners as we are speakers. That we need to listen and learn from our children. Everything was just so wonderful. I am so grateful that at the same time the world is trying to govern our lives, and the schools and media are trying to teach our children for us, THE LORD is showing us the way for us to Govern our own lives, and for us to teach our own children. I love it! I love the gospel. It is true. And like the little boy that said "NEVER" when asked if he would ever lose faith in Christ, I say I pray that I NEVER lose faith in him, because he truly brings me comfort, peace, and true joy. And I am grateful to have a husband that is working alongside me in order to accomplish that.
No comments:
Post a Comment